Friday, August 26, 2011

Review Essence Collection Part 2

Here's just a look at the products I have from the Essence Collection, in Part 1 I wrote about where you can buy the brand, and also why I like it so much. Let's begin!
This is my collection, as of now, obviously I have dumped products gone out of date and whatnot!
Foundation
This Mousse Foundation is similar to Maybelline's dream Matt Mousse, but at a fraction of the price!
I buy the palest shade, 04 Matt Ivory


                                             
I apologize for the condition of these powders, yes believe it or not they are powders! The one on the left is 04 perfect beige, compressed powder, unforch this poor sucker lost it's life to my kitchen floor! As for the other, 07 translucent, it cracked when it hit pan when I was on my holidays! These two powers are pretty good considering they are both under five euro. I prefer the translucent because perfect beige was a tad dark for me!
Concealer
I had read great reviews on the 3in1 concealer, so obviously I went out and got it. I love the pink concealer for under your eyes, so if you're like me, with dark circles under you're eyes, apply this before your foundation and it's brillaint! As for the Stay natural concealer, i didn't think much of it. It was a bit to watery and didn't hide blemishes very well.

Eyes
At the moment, I have from Essence three of their Mascara's, (top to bottom) Essence Maximum Definition volume mascara. This my favourite out of the three! Next is Lash Mania by Essence, this is also good but i prefer the wand on Volume Mascara. The blue tube is their Water Proof No Limits Mascara 01 Black, I've only used this once, it touched no water so i'm afraid I don't know if it works or not!
Essence are famous in Ireland for the quality of their liquid liners, I adore their old version (the tube in the picture with no writing on it is the old version). Please excuse the shadow, the brush is a perfect width for achieving a cat eye flick. Unforch, their new brush is felt, and is too thick to try and get the precision you can with their older brush. 
As for the Gel Eyeliner, it's pretty amazing for the price. It definitely stays on all day, and is heavily pigmented.  Although it did smudge onto my crease, but i just took it off with my foundation brush. 
Eyebrows 
I'm obsessed with eyebrow shape, and filling in my own brows. I think if your brows are the right shape for your face it really makes a difference to your features. So when I'm out and I see girls with foundation still in their brows, I just wanna attack them with an eyebrow pencil! I picked up all of the brow products in Penny's on Henry St. The eyebrow stylist set at the top of the pic, is kind of for beginners who are filling their brows in, as there are stencils which allow you to fill your brows in and then pluck where there is not product. The Eyebrow Gel from Essence is unusual to me, i feel it kind of wipes off the pencil and make my brows look shiny. Seemingly it has gotten brilliant reviews from other bloggers so maybe i'm not doing something right? 
My over all favourite product to use in my brows is the Eyebrow Designer in shade 02 Brown, it the middle of all the shades, black being the darkest and then a caramel type colour as the lightest shade.
02 Brown

My skin
I only have three products from the My skin range, I like the products but they aren't a part of my daily routine, they are cheap as chips, which makes me sort of apprehensive about using them, because I have bad skin enough as it is, so using cheap products to scrub my face can end badly.

The Essence Mattifying Cream doesn't really do what it says on the tin, it just makes my face all stiff for a few minutes, which feels really weird. It smells good though! 

Overall I really do love Essence, it's a brand that i definitely keep buying! I hope I've inspired someone to go out and buy some products because I really believe it gives some of the top brands a run for their money! I'll be shocked if anyone even reads this post, but leave a comment and follow if you do!:)
thanks, 
Ruthie
x



2 comments:

  1. Might try the concealer trio and the gel liner! I prefer the thin liners to the felt tip ones too I think they give a cleaner line, pity they changed it!

    Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for them for sure:)
    Yeah it's a pity alright, maybe they'll do it again in the future!

    Ruthie x

    ReplyDelete